Kitsuneellie

Toshiba Satellite Cooling Warning

I recently received a warning on my 14 month old Toshiba Satellite L675D-S7016: "Warning: A problem with the cooling system has been detected. Please turn off the computer immediately, and return it for service."

This computer has turned off twice before while gaming, I assume from overheating, but I have never received this warning before, even when the gaming was not at full screen.

I had an older Toshiba, which shut down from overheating at one point because the fan was clogged with hair and dust; I was wondering if cleaning it out would be the solution of if I must send it in for service.

I've checked this, and other, forums, and the general consensus seems to be that it's just a software error, but there's one case where it was a motherboard misfunction and I want to avoid that.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Re: Toshiba Satellite Cooling Warning

What were you doing when you saw that message? Do you use the sleep or hibernation functions often? Had you returned the computer from sleep mode or hibernation before receiving that message?

- Peter
Rossinni

I have Toshiba Satellite L650-10H PSK1JE and have the same problem. Every time after waking up of the sleep mode, fan doesn't work. I had this problem once, few months ago, not sure exactly. Not sure what made it work again. I think it was something about BIOS upgrade, which I recently updated maybe this is the cause of the problem.. 

Peter please could you help me to fix it. Thanks

Peter

I don't have specific information on that machine because it's from the European region, and this site only supports the US region. The models are different. However, there are a basic things you can do. First, try using System Restore to restore a previous restore point from before this became an issue. If that doesn't help, check if there's another BIOS update. If there is, try updating it. If that doesn't help either, I'd contact Toshiba support in your region.

- Peter
Rossinni

Thanks for answer, unfortunately my last restore point is with the new BIOS so I guess I'll have to wait for release of new one and by that time stop using sleep mode. :smileysad: