hwally

Toshiba Satellite C850 wont power on.

Pushing the power button has no effect.  I do have one light on on the front of the computer, it's white.  I've tried removing the battery, disconnecting the ac and holding down the power button for 60 seconds.  When I installed the battery and connected the ac all three lights on the front lit up and the screen lit up for a couple of seconds then went out it did this without me pushing the power button.  I have checked the voltage of the power cord and it is fine(19v).  I also checked the bios battery and it is fine (3v).   The hard drive and fan don't power on.  I don't think it's a black screen problem It seems more like it just doesn't power on.  Does this model have a magnetic switch that activates when the lid is opened?  Thank you for any help.

Peter

Re: Toshiba Satellite C850 wont power on.

I believe it does have the magnetic switch. Most of our laptops do now.

Unfortunately, it sounds like a hardware failure to me.

- Peter
Teresagutierrez

My Compu is new.c850 it work for one month later it work but never get on ism desesperada already check the connector and the battery .now I don't know what more to do of course have guaranties What can I do?
Peter

Can you check the laptop's full model and part numbers from the label on the bottom? Don't include the serial number.

What happens exactly?

- Peter
asdhoka

i just bought toshiba satelitte c850-b718 and i have aproblem that when i open the cover the power is on directly without pushing the power putton is it the default or there is areal proplem with it ?

your quick reply will be highly appreciated.

Peter

That doesn't appear to be a US model, and this is the forums for Toshiba USA. You may want to contact Toshiba in your region.

- Peter
GioClick

While You Turn On The Laptop , Press " F2 " Keys Until You Enter To BIOS Menu Then In " Power Management " Tab Go To " Panel Open - Power On " Select " Disable " ... 

Welcome ! :smileywink: