brice6890

Toshiba Satellite C655 Webcam ALL BLACK!

I previously just purchased this laptop 2 days ago... I have never been so frustrated with a laptop in my whole life! I used the webcam once and now it is all black. I have probably spent about 5 hours trying to surf the net and find ways on how to fix this issue. Tried every single thing and nothing works. It has nothing to do with the lighting in my room becuase I put on a screen cover effect and you cant even see that! Just completely black! Tried night mode and turning on lights around and absolutely nothing. Chicony webcams are the worst! I am so dissapointed in Toshiba for this issue. I also tried reinstalling every possible driver for the webcam and still nothing. I hope someone has a solution cause I would hate to bring this laptop back! Thanks!

Regular Advisor
eniac

Re: Toshiba Satellite C655 Webcam ALL BLACK!

Is the plastic film covering it?

I read the reviews and checked before

I purchased so I knew what to expect.

Toshiba probably gets those cameras

for nothing. They're pretty low quality.

Very dark. Fortunatly I haven't had a

need to use it. The rest of the specs

are pretty good for what I paid. $550

A665-s6086. The cam was a trade off.

brice6890

I just removed the clear plastic covering and still nothing. It just so disappointing that such a good computer would get stuck in a **bleep**ty contract. Guess I'm bringing it back tomorrow.

Regular Advisor
eniac

Do you have the web camera application open? Is the led on?

start>programs>toshiba>utilities>web camera application>photo/video.

It will still be dark and grainy but it should work.

brice6890

Yes, the program is running. The blue led light comes on. It has worked maybe 2 out of the 10 times using it and even when it worked about 5 minutes into the session, the video would start to break up and it would just go black. 

Regular Advisor
eniac

[ Edited ]

It doesn't sound too good. I know these camera's are pretty bad

but it should work. It sounds like it's going to sleep. :smileysurprised: