vergelXD

Toshiba Pre-Installed Apps are missing (Satellite C650-ST6N03)

[ Edited ]

hello, I'm tyna find my pre-installed apps in a TOSHIBA folder in the Start Menu. Its been I guess a month since I last used my Web Cam Application and my Disc Creator. I'm confused as to why the folder is missing. I didn't delete it though or uninstalled. I badly need the services. 

Another thing is I also tried to download and install several apps from this site to fix this problem which includes Disc Creator, HDD Protection, HDD/SSD Alert, Toshiba Service Center and Total Value Added Package. But each time I install and reboot my unit, it's like nothing happened, no Toshiba folder was appearing in my start menu, and also when I search, nothing appears (ex. I typed Disk Creator)

Thanks, your help is very very much appreciated.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: Toshiba Pre-Installed Apps are missing (Satellite 650-ST6N-03)

I doubt they disappeared all by themselves. However, even if you can't find them in the Start menu doesn't mean they are gone completely.  Look at C:/Program Files/Toshiba and you will find many of them there.  There are others at C:/Program Files (X86)/Toshiba.

I believe your correct model number is C650-ST6N03. In any event, if you need to post back to these Forums, please use the CORRECT and COMPLETE model info as in my examples below. Close doesn't count!

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
vergelXD

[ Edited ]
Occasional Advisor
kshrine

When I was about to post on this thread, I realized this was posted last year; some glitches in Computer Troubleshooting caused old posted thread appear along with some others.  If vergelXD is still looking for a reply, I agree to his premise that occasionally Toshiba Application disappears from the computer. 

I can attest to fact it happened to my computer.  I’m fairly certain that it was the result of Microsoft Updates.  It’s not just this occasion that seem to damage my registry and some program no longer run properly.   For this reason I now run Microsoft Updates on my time rather than through automatic updates.

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Hi kshrine! I see your keeping late hours again:smileywink: I also have posted on old messages from last year. I don't know what the problem is , but I wish they could get it figured out. I have not yet experienced the Toshiba Application Installer disappearing; however that is the very reason I always have a back up image of my OS on a external USB.

PS I'm having some personal problems here on the forum; so if I don't show up, it has been my plessure to have met you my friend.:smileywink: Good morning Vietnam!!

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.
Peter

Some posts were pulled out of their original threads by a member moderator. To put them back bumps the threads to the top. I could move them all back at once, but that would make the first 10 or so pages of Computer Troubleshooting all old posts. I've decided to do them in chunks instead. That means that, yes, this problem will take a bit longer to completely fix, but it also means that it won't completely bury new threads. It should be resolved within a week.

- Peter
Super Advisor
cbwilsha

[ Edited ]

"Some posts were pulled out of their original threads by a member moderator."

Peter is being nice. The goofball he is referring to is Me!  I apologize to all of you for the Forum confusion I caused so please don't blame Toshiba or Peter.  Poor Peter is having to clean up my mess.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
Frequent Advisor
Dokie

[ Edited ]

Hey CB My friend, stop being so hard on yourself. you're doing great and you are appreciated. (The spammer is the one that caused all this)Thanks Peter you're also appreciated.

Dokie!

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.