jmain80

Toshiba NB205 Stuck on Boot

I have a Toshiba NB205. I press the power button and it is stuck on the black screen reading Toshiba Leading Innovation.

When I press esc it brings me to BIOS information reading

KAVAA BIOS version V1.20

CPU= 1 PROCESSORS DETECTED

INTEL ATOM CPU N280 1.66GHz

1015M SYSTEM RAM PASSED

512 KB CACHE

SYSTEM BIOS SHADOWED

VIDEO BIOS SHADOWED

FIXED DISCK 0: HITACHI HTS545016B9A300

MOUSE INITIALIZED

When trying to press F2 or F12 (setup or boot selection) it will not go through

When you power on the device and hold F2 or F12 it will not go through but hangs on please wait

When you try to press 0 for system recovery, it does nothing

When you press del it does nothing

It just stays on the Toshiba screen. The LED light for the hard drive blinks about 2 seconds upon start up and goes off. My general diagnosis is that the hard drive has failed, but could I be missing something.

Since the computer does not come with a DVD/ROM drive, trying to run a recovery counsle through windows is not an option, however, if I cannot access boot device selection, I would not be able to run this anyways.

Has anyone else getting this problem and if so has it been solved? As I said, I am diagnosing that the hard drive has failed...

Drethal

Re: Toshiba NB205 Stuck on Boot

Have an NB205-N311/WH with same/similar symptoms. 

Splash Screen Displays, All LED's function as normal, but once the BIOS Splash disappears, the display goes black and no further activity commences.

All keyboard activity (including an external via USB) is unresponsive.

All other components tested via software and swap-isolation checking.

Have seen much on this topic for the NB205 line, but there's no definitive solution posted AFAIK.

Any expertise able to settle the issue?

holtwebb

Re: Toshiba NB205 Stuck on Boot

So, there are no solutions to this yet? I love typing on this little Toshiba because it is so portable. But this is by far the absolute worst piece of crap computer I've ever seen. It is incredibly slow and so buggy, that I'm thinking of calling an exterminator.