sn24
Accepted Solution

Toshiba NB205 Error message F3-FF00-0006, Please Help!

[ Edited ]

I need help. My toshiba NB205 is not working. When I turn it on it goes to a black screen that give me two options Launch start up repair or start normally. If I choose the startup normally it brings me back to the the same screen. If I choose Launch start up repair it goes to a black screen and only my cursor is on there. I tried going into safe mode and doing the recovery but nothing works. It always brings me back to this black screen. I even tried pressing Alt-Ctrl-Del and after trying a bunch of other things it brought me to a black screen and then weird codes came up on the screen like "Realtek RTL8101E etc. PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM. This product is covered by one or more of the following patents, etc." and it says a bunch of other stuff and it keeps repeating it. I read in other forums that Im supposed to get into the BIO but I need step by step directions on how to do that cause when I went into the start up (by pressing F2) I didnt know what to do. Well, after pressing Launch star up repair and I left it for several minutes at the black screen to see if anything will happen and then after a long time a pop up message came and it said Error: F3-FF00-0006. Failed to get the ID of the specified partition. Press ok to turn off the computer. When I pressed ok, it turned off the computer and when I turned it on again i took me to the black screen with the two options Launch start up repair or start normally. Ahhh it's so frustrating and all my school work is on this laptop. Please if you can help me.. please let me know what to do..thanks. Oh, and I don't know what could have caused this problem. Yesterday the computer kept freezing up and it was really slow and once it even shut down for no reason but I could start it up after. But today it's not working properly.

sn24

Re: Toshiba NB205 Error message F3-FF00-0006, Please Help!

Ok, I finally was able to do a complete Recovery but now my back light doesn't work right unless my laptop is charging??? What's wrong now? And if anyone want to know how I was able to get the computer to work again and your having the error: F3-FF00-0006 problem let me know.

sn24

Figured out that the back light was turned down, now everything is working good. yay

tonybaloney8653

I just ran into this problem today. It's so annoying. If i may ask what did you do to restore your computer I have tried everything. AHHH Please help.

ibiinc

Hi, I'm having the same problem and would like to know how you were able to get past the error. Thanks in advance for your assistance...
Occasional Contributor
Flinsy

ibiinc

Thanks for the reply, I tried the system recovery but it just hangs after the loading windows files finishes. I let it sit for hours and all that's there is a black screen. If you have any other suggestions i'd greatly appreciate it, if not thanks again for your assistance.
jennyjuice76

Can you tell me what you did to get it to work. I'm getting same code
Regular Advisor
bmurray

do you have same model computer?  Are all the same things occuring with your computer as the op's?  If not, then start your own thread and start from the beginning.  If much of the OP's issue(s) are the same as your you can always link to this thread if there is a reason to do so. 

L305-S5955, T9300 Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 60GB SSD, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit