Aokii
Accepted Solution

Toshiba Laptop won't load Windows 7

Just now, my Satellite P755D-S5266 part no. PSAZ1U-001002 froze up on me while in the middle of browsing the net. The system became completely unresponsive and I had to do a hard reset. Upon restart I was prompted to do a system startup repair, which did not come up with any problems. However, when I try to start up again, the laptop is stuck at the loading Windows screen. It won't let me load safe mode and the only option I have to actually do any recovery in general is right after the startup repair. Is there anything I can do about this? 

Regular Advisor
GordOfTheJungle

Re: Toshiba Laptop won't load Windows 7

Try doing a complete shut down. Turn off the computer. Disconnect the power cord. Remove the main battery. Wait a minute. Reattach the power cord and restart the computer. It should do a reboot of the computer. If after doing a complete shut down doesn't fix the problem and you're still stuck at some Windows screen, you'll probably have to reimage the hard drive.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite P755D-S5266

the laptop is stuck at the loading Windows screen. It won't let me load safe mode..

If you haven't burned a Windows 7 System Repair disc, download one by scrolling down to the link Windows 7 System Repair Disc 64-bit here.

Create a Windows 7 System Repair Disc

Then try a Startup Repair and a System Restore from the Windows Recovery Environment.

What are the system recovery options in Windows 7?

Let us know how it goes.

-Jerry
Aokii

The startup repair keeps coming up with nothing wrong, and I've restored to an earlier point in time. However, the same problem is happening in that it's still stcuk at the Windows loading screen.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

[ Edited ]

Several things to try. Run the following at the command prompt. 

chkdsk c: /r

If you can't boot Windows after that, run Startup Repair again.

If it still doesn't boot, come back for more.

-Jerry
Aokii

Thank you very much :smileyvery-happy: I'm able to load Win7 without any problems now after doing that.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

You're welcome. Happy to learn things worked out.

-Jerry
shehisa

Hi, i have the same problem. How do i get the command prompt to type the above command "chkdsk c: /r"?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

shehisa wrote:..

Please begin a new discussion. (Click on the big red New Message button on the left.

Tell us which computer to have. See the label on the bottom.

Describe you problem in detail. What you've done and what happens when you did it.

-Jerry
shadrika_angel

I followed the instructions that you gave. I removed the main battery and the power cord. But when I restarted th computer, it keeps saying "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key". What and how do I select a proper Boot device?

Shadrika

aidanallyna2

This didn't work for me