fausto_

Toshiba L855-S5309 getting Error Code 0xc0000185

Right after Toshiba logo comes up and says "A required dcevice isnt connectec or cant be accessed" 

Error Code 0xc0000185

I have not done anything besides updates to the machine. I use it for finance software and light browsing. I cant understand why this happened. I reseated the Ram and HDD. Im contemplating updating the BIOS - maybe a windows update doesnt like the version? Any suggestions?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Toshiba L855-S5309 getting Error Code 0xc0000185

Satellite L855-S5309

Try this. First shut down the computer completely this way. With the battery and AC adapter removed, close the power button for 30 seconds. Re-attach those. Restart the computer by pressing the power button and immediately start tapping the F12 key until a Boot menu appears.

If you get that, use the arrow keys to select <HDD Recovery> and press Enter. On the next screen you are asked to confirm if you want to continue with recovery. Select Yes (Nothing will be lost.) The computer should bring you to the Advanced startup screen.

If you get this far, come back here for more.

This machine is under warranty, right?

-Jerry
fausto_

Yeah it was christmas present for a friend. Thanks for reply, I will try that and report back. Thanks again, Jerry. 

fausto_

Jerry_Lippey wrote:

Satellite L855-S5309

Try this. First shut down the computer completely this way. With the battery and AC adapter removed, close the power button for 30 seconds. Re-attach those. Restart the computer by pressing the power button and immediately start tapping the F12 key until a Boot menu appears.

If you get that, use the arrow keys to select <HDD Recovery> and press Enter. On the next screen you are asked to confirm if you want to continue with recovery. Select Yes (Nothing will be lost.) The computer should bring you to the Advanced startup screen.

If you get this far, come back here for more.

This machine is under warranty, right?

I reached the point where I click yes to enter recovery mode and i get the same blue screen. Im at my wits end. I do need to try and back the computer up. Will removing the hard drive for a short period void my warranty, Im hoping that it doesnt but dont want ot run the chance. Can you give me a bit of clarity on that as well. Thanks 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I do need to try and back the computer up. Will removing the hard drive for a short period void my warranty

I don't know for certain, but I certainly understand the need to rescue files.

Let's ask Peter from Toshiba.

-Jerry
Peter

In case you don't notice it, I wanted to mention here that I've sent you (both) a PM.

- Peter
fausto_

Thanks for the pm Peter. I created restore disks using an identicle computer. Tried to boot from the disk but I still get the same blue screen. I re-seated things. Nothing. 

brandonsherring

where you able to figure it out, i am currently having the same issue...

jfajardo09

I'm there but got the same blue screen with the error code again
DexterDan

Please message me back, I got to the second "advanced" blue screen and I need help on what to do from there. PLEASE HELP IT IS URGENT THAT MY PC IS FIXED ASAP! Thanks for reading and if u can Skype me so I could show u the screen as your helping, my skype is OpCraftServer