rebelarc

Toshiba L55 A5234 Satellite Not Starting Up

Hello,

I have a Toshiba L55 A5234 Satellite Laptop with Windows 8. It has never given me any problems in the month that I have owned it until today. When I attempt to turn the laptop on, nothing happens. The LED power light is on, and there are some faint sounds, but the screen remains black. I have tried numerous times to restart the laptop and nothing has worked. I have also hooked it up to an external monitor, and nothing happened then either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Re: Toshiba L55 A5234 Satellite Not Starting Up

Hi! I'm about as close to no help as you can get. I'm on some very powerful drugs( Just kidding). I know  nothing or very little about W8. I hang around on the night shift. There will be better answers tomorrow. One month is not a very long time to own Toshiba lap top. I have had my Toshiba for nearly 3 years and never had your problem. I could have you run all kinds of malware programs and other things but maybe you can try restoring back to factory or trying the recovery options first.

Dokie!!

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Windows-8-Knowledge-Base/What-can-I-do-if-my-Windows-8-laptop-won-t-sta...

Thanks for your message!

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.
rebelarc

[ Edited ]

My problem is that nothing appears at all. I press the power on button, the LED lights turn on, and then the screen remains black. Even when I connected the laptop to an external monitor, there was no output, just a black screen.

Peter

You should be able to try the first three steps without seeing anything on the screen. If that doesn't help, call customer support.

- Peter
jcd1981

I have seen this issue myself a number of times now, I am a computer repair professional. I too am seeking a resolution through Toshiba, but have found a short-term fix.

Support wants the laptop sent in, and customers bring me the laptops in fear that they will lose their data if they send the computer back. Every time this has happened, I have been able to fix it by pulling off the back cover and resetting CMOS with the small black button near the CR2032 CMOS battery. I would like an answer from Toshiba on why this is happening.