D-Tug

Toshiba HDD/SSD Alert

I have the above alert notification in my system tray all of the time.  It also contains the message:  Unable to get disk information, can not use the alert feature. 

I have been receiving alert notices like this for some time, but have not been concerned with this.  What should I do to correct the issue of not getting alerts?  What type of alerts are we talking about?

I finally have some time to try to work on this.

Regular Advisor
eniac

Re: Toshiba HDD/SSD Alert

Model #? OS?

D-Tug

Satellite A665-S6086

Regular Advisor
eniac

[ Edited ]

I have the same system and never saw that message but here goes.

I searched the web and found something that looks like it might

be worth a shot and shouldn't hurt anything. Before you do it

I'd check to make sure HDD Protection is enabled first. Right

click on the HDD Protection Icon in the system tray and make

sure HDD protection is enabled. If it is and your still getting

the alert message you might want to try this:

Go to: start>programs>my toshiba>toshiba application installer,  Select: re-install HDD/SDD Alert Monitor

D-Tug

I tried reinstalling.  Good idea but nothing changed.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Regular Advisor
eniac

[ Edited ]
Does it also say this:

Disk0
Your HDD is working properly.
Still, it is highly recommended to always make back-up copies of data
by periodically storing it on an external storage medium, to avoid risk
of lost data under normal operation of your PC

It just might be a setting. You could try this:

Open the Action Center. [Click] Change Action Center Settings.
Under Maintenance Messages: [Deselect] Windows Backup [click ok]
sitnduck

Have same problem with a Satellite C655D-S5130/ Windows 7. Tried installing HDD/SSD Alert, Got a message "Toshiba HDD/SSD Alert - Installsgield Wizard     Unsupported system drive"

sitnduck

Also, what is the Action Center? I find nothing with that name.

Regular Advisor
eniac

You'll find the Action Center under "System and Security" in the Control Panel.

D-Tug

The issue that started this string has been resolved.  An aquantancewhorks as a tech at a retail outlet reinstalled a driver for the hard drive,(HDSSD), downloaded from Toshiba.  That has been about a week ago.  I have not seen the alert since the installation.  Thanks for the ideas.

Regular Advisor
eniac

[ Edited ]

I was under the impression the HD was plug and play. I wonder

what happened that a driver needed to be reinstalled?

Was this the driver?

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver(v9.5.7.1002; 02-24-2010; 11.96M)

HeLiKai

I have the same problem. Since I bought my satellite C655-S5212 the Toshiba HDD/SSD Alert keeps displaying Unable to get disk information, can not use the alert feature. I have tried reinstalling the alert, but I got the same result

Shmuelka

I have been getting this error message for a long time.  Can you please find out what driver it was that your friend updated and post the info?  I tried updating the driver for my hard drive but the system said that I have the most up to date driver already installed.  I have a Satellite C655-CD5057. Thanks!

D-Tug

The name of thefile is tc00143400m.exe.  I do not know where he got it, but I assume from some Toshiba driver library.

Regular Advisor
eniac

Retz80

Same problem I encounter with my L755 the "Toshiba HDD/SSD Alert" dialog box appears every time I start the PC showing this message "Unable to get disk information, can not use the alert feature."

I already uninstalled the HHD alert and installed new one dowloaded from the Site and it doesn't fixed.

I tried these steps from this thread "Portege R700: HDD/SSD Alert "Unable to get disk information" -

Uninstall the HDD Alert & Value Added Program then Restart the system,

Installed Value Added Program & HDD Alert then the results is the same

I tried to restart again but no luck,,,

I updated the display but no results.

Please help what would be the possible way to get rid of this error......

Somebody HELP!

blondeambition3

Under Programs in the My Toshiba folder there is a Toshiba Application Installer. Open(click) that and then re-install the HDD/SDD Alert Monitor. My Toshiba did the same thing and that's how I fixed it.

A Geek named Eve
Nevil

I have L675-06J.   I had the HDD_SSD alert message for a few weeks but have solved it as floows:

Start/All Programs/Toshiba/Apps and Drivers/Toshiba HDD_SSD Alert 3.1.64.6.

d/click onTC 00143400M.exe.

zzmel7

Hi:

It seems that a number of individuals are having a problem similar to mine.  I get the HDD/SDD alert as well.  When I first purchased my computer which is a Toshiba Satellite P875-S7200, it came with windows 7 premium.  I decided to take the special offer to upgrade to win 8.  When I had win 7, everything just worked fine.  Looking into the hidden icons, it did not show that anything was a problem.  The trouble started when I did the upgrade.  First of all, the wizard in win 8 said in order to install, I have to uninstall 3 drivers which I did.  It also advised me that I could get the right drivers as well for win 8.  Two of the drivers  installed automatically.  One other driver I installed was so the DVD would work.  Now I am wondering if this alert  problem is really important as my computer seems to work OK so far.  I haven't as yet try to burn any disks.  I don't understand this alert and maybe it is a incompatibility problem but won't harm anything on the computer.  I tried everything by reinstalling the drivers and even had support which was not Toshiba.  It comes to the point whether I should recover to win 7.  Can anybody advise me of the importance of the alert or disregard it.  Thanks in advance for your help.

mel