mar6874

Toshiba Fingerprint Utility

Hi,

For some reason Toshiba Fingerprint Utility will now not unlock my files, can anybody help?

I am running windows 7 on a satellite A300.

The fingers that were scanned are the ones stored and I have no problems using the software to log on or for the occasional website passwords. The files just create an error message when i try to unlock them, strangley i was unable to unlock a few but not all.

As far as I know I have not made any updates that would affect the finger print utility.

Please help as these files are vital to my work.

Thanks in advance

mayjas

Re: Toshiba Fingerprint Utility

HI, i have the same kind of problem listed in the below discussion

http://laptopforums.toshiba.com/t5/General-Technology/toshiba-fingerprint-utility-cannot-unprotect-f...

If any solution, let me also know pls.....

Regular Advisor
Defender

Since we did not have the full Model# to assist further, our shorted check reveals A300 series came with Vista.  If you did an upgrade to Win7 and utilized the Win7 fp utility that is where the problem lies. It turns out that for some reason, in some instances, it is necessary to have two profiles active at the time of the installation of the fingerprint utility on Windows 7. Uninstall the utility, activate a second account (use "Guest" account) and then  a reinstall (util_fingerprint..).  Ran through the fingerprint registration and it saved.  It also asked for a second sampling (different finger) and it also worked. Just remember not to use same fingers as initial setup.

After rebooting and checking that all worked, disable  "Guest" account and then try locking the computer.  The fingerprint scan worked nicely and unlocked the machine.  Another reboot and test of the login using fingerprint and all is well. Go to download page of the support site (http://pcsupport.toshiba.com/windows7)checkn download tab and follow the prompts downloads for your machine.  Worked on a P105-S9339 unit.  OR, you can try scan of fingers not previously used to setup a seconday profile.  Caution-what may have worked for some may not work for you-thus have Recovery Media handy and backup all stuff.  Caution

szahedi

Hi,

I am having a problem with my Toshiba Laptop. I uninstalled the fingerprint software and now I am getting the message that the following file is missing from my computer:

ATBCFClient.dll

What should I do?

Thank you.