xflash27

Toshiba Canvio 3.0

Hey i recently formatted my Canvio 3.0 hardrive and now the Toshiba thumbnail doesnt show up when i click computer it just shows a generic thumbnail for the drive is there anyway i can get the Toshiba thumbnail back?

Peter

Re: Toshiba Canvio 3.0

If you can't solve your issue and no one in the community can help, contact support to speak with a tech support agent at (888) 592-0944.

- Peter
maurodefraga

I recently purchased a 3.0 canvio tera. it does not allow access to recording. other usbdevices work on my machine but this does not work. how to unlock this write protection.appears as read-only.

Peter

Try right-clicking on the drive and selecting "Properties." Then select the "Security" tab. Ensure your user name is displayed in the list. If it's not, you'll need to add your user account. Then ensure that user account has "Full control." If you need further help, try calling the number listed above.

- Peter
xxfaxx

Hi.

I have a problem with my canvio plus.

It´s been very slow since the last month. It takes it about 2 hours to copy 1 gb of information.

I scanned it with discscanner, hdd regenerator, hd tune, and all of them showed me that the hdd have damaged

sectors. The worst news is that they are not in a row. They are not together, and that makes difficult (if not impossible) to separate them in a different partition.

I run the chkdsk and it shows me that about 5 % of the drive is damaged.

My question is.

Does the warranty cover that kind of issue???

It´s 13 months old and I only use it about 3 times a month to make my backups.

I still have its box and the receipt.

Peter

Unfortunately I'm not sure of the policies. You may want to try calling customer support at (888) 592-0944 or making a warranty claim by clicking "get started" under "acclaim for accessories and electronics" at the acclaim self-service page.

- Peter
xxfaxx

Thank you for the soon reply and thank you very much for the instructions and the link. You were of great help.:smileyvery-happy:

Francis

GFK
GFK

I have a Canvio 500 GB portable hard drive that seems to work fine, but I can find no information on HOW it works. For example, does it overwrite the previously copied files entirely, does it only copy information that has been changed, does it copy an entirely new set of files each time? I could find nothing on the Toshiba web pages and there are no instructions in the device's box.