poconored

Toshiba Automatic Detection and update

Pardon if this is elsewhere/repeated and I missed it - tried searching but no hits w/several variations.

Does Toshiba have site and tool that does Automatic Detection of software/drivers, etc. and update, like MS Windows or MS Office , by machine type? (for Portege laptop in my case)   {I see a long list of downloads by machine type, but no auto or semi-auto tool.}

Thanks !!!

poconored

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Toshiba Automatic Detection and update

Not really.  They do have what is called Toshiba Service Station on some models, but it doesn't work that well for the most part.  But unless you are having a problem it normally isn't necessary to update drivers etc. on a laptop that often. 

The easiest way to check for updates is just by looking at the dates.  They are arranged by date with the latest ones first and the oldest ones last so one can easily see which ones, if any have been added since their last visit. 

Also check the Support Bulletins to see if there are any issues that might need to be addressed by an update. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.