Essex747

TosSENotify.exe.mui

I would like to know if TosSENotify.exe.mui is a safe program or some kind of malware.  It is currently in the

Notification Area Icons part of the Control Panel.

Regular Advisor
LawrenceB

Re: TosSENotify.exe.mui

Doing a quick google search this is what I found. "Tossenotify.exe with description TosSENotify.exe.mui is a process file from company TOSHIBA Corporation belonging to product Monitor SSD TOSHIBA.
In total there are 2 launchpoints for this file including "Running processes".
There are 3 different variations of the file in our database and the file is digitally signed from TOSHIBA CORPORATION - VeriSign Time Stamping Services Signer - G2
We do not recommend removing digitally signed files from TOSHIBA CORPORATION". I would not remove the file but if you are still not sure you can do a scan using your antivirus program or download and run Malwarebytes Anti malware software. There is a free version of it.

Essex747

How can one tell if TosSENotify.exe.mui is legitimately digitally signed?  Should it be in the Notification Area Icons

part of the Control Panel or should it be somewhere else in the computer?

dleahudson

I accidentally deleted tosSENotify.exe.mui, anyone know how can I get it back onto my computer?

Regular Advisor
eniac

How did you manage to delete it?

Regular Advisor
eniac

It's legit. It's your hd protection program. It notifies you if the hd detects vibration and retracts the heads so they don't crash into the platter. I've seen a few posts here about bad drives on new machines. Makes me wonder if the systems were bounced around. Not a good idea when the machine is running.

dwarrenrph

This program fails to open every time I boot my laptop.  This started after I installed Fixit and Powerdesk Pro.

Any ideas.

PstechPaul

For quite some time I have been getting annoying messages "Unable to get disk information, can not use the alert feature." I ran a complete disk scan and no errors were reported. I found some information on-line that hinted it could be a file permission problem with the root C: drive. I saw that the permissions for "Authorized User" were not set, so I set them to have read only permission, which should be fairly safe. It took a long time because it had to propogate the permission to all folders, and some of them could not be accessed, but after doing this I no longer get the notifications.

Maybe the problem with opening the application is related?

Regular Advisor
eniac

[ Edited ]

Recent Post describing the same issue.

msetwill

I installed Fix-It yesterday on my Satellite C655 and now every time I boot I get the message "TosSENotify.exe.mui has stopped working".  Uninstalling Fix-It didn't help nor did calling Fix-It telephone support.  Is there any way to restore my laptop to its prior condition?