Occasional Contributor
gotbier

Screens Minimize

Hello. I hope this isn't a dup question; I searched but did not find anything. And I hope I can explain in a way that makes sense: 

I have a Satellite L505-ES5018. If you move the mouse, the screen automatically 'disappears'. Once you move the mouse back, the last screen you were on is there and visible.  It doesn't seem to do it on everything, I want to say it's with anything online, like Yahoo messenger, if I'm chatting with someone and the mouse moves a certain way, the chat window is not visible until I move the mouse again.  If anyone understands what I'm saying, is there a way to turn this feature off?  If I'm making no sense at all I will pay better attention when it happens and try to edit this.  Thanx everyone. (sorry this is so long!)

Leslie

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Screens Minimize

Satellite L505-ES5018

Some things to check, Leslie..

1. Open Folder Options in Control Panel and look on the General tab. Have you set this?

Single click to open an item (point to select)

2. What happens when you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?

Advanced startup options (including safe mode)

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
gotbier

Thanx Jerry. I changed the setting in Folder Options to Single click to open an item (point to select) (is that what you meant?)  I started in Safe Mode, everything seemed fine, not sure what I should look for tho.  I should have said in my original post, I think this is some setting in the laptop and not a 'problem' with the computer?  

Thank you.

Leslie

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I changed the setting in Folder Options to Single click to open an item (point to select)

(is that what you meant?) 

No, Leslie. That's the setting which sometimes confuses people. Best to put it back to Double-click to open..

I started in Safe Mode, everything seemed fine 

That means something which loads automatically with Windows makes the trouble.

Tell us about your malware protection.

In the meantime, download and run this free scanner.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
gotbier

Thank you, I changed the single click back and ran the malware. I'll see what happens and keep track of what I'm doing when it happens. I do think it's something the computer is 'suppose' to do and would just like to turn it off!  Thanx for the suggestions. If it continues & I have better notes I'll come back.  :smileyhappy:

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

If it continues, you'll probably want to do some clean-boot troubleshooting.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

-Jerry