nkane898

Scanning and Repairing drive C stuck at 100%. Possible hard drive problems?

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone, 

I bought a refurbished Toshiba satellite s855-s5381. 

http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite/S850/S855-S5381/

It work for about 2 weeks until the tiles in windows 8 stopped working and would freeze the computer and a disk error warning popped up and then froze at 100% for 8 hours. I forced the computer to shut down then I recovered the computer using windows 8 refresh feature and it worked for about a week until today when it said there were disk errors again and it has been stuck at 100% for 4 or 5 hours. 

I only installed Microsoft updates, office, malwarebytes, advanced system care, firefox, silicon power usb software and vlc media player. 

Please help me figure out this problem. The laptop is still under a 90 day warranty so if I have to contact Toshiba for a replacement hard drive I can. 

Thank you for your time and help!

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Re: Scanning and Repairing drive C stuck at 100%. Possible hard drive problems?

[ Edited ]

Hi You might try this?? There may be better replies tomorrow!!

Dokie!

PS this is a ISO file that your burn to a CD and boot with it!

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=605&sid=2&lang=en

PS Some times it can take several hours for the chkdsk to complete. Depends on the size of the drive and how many bad sectors you have.:smileywink: I would let it run.

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.
nkane898

The Scanning and Repairing drive C is still at 100% and its been that way for 12 hours. Should I try contacting toshibas support? 

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Hi! I would say you have a bad HD. Yes I would contact Toshiba Support. If it takes that long, there is some thing wrong and I wouldn't trust it.

Dokie!!

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.
nkane898

Ok thank you i'll get in touch with them.