blb128

Satellite P775 won't boot up

My Satellite P775 has been having trouble booting up. When I turn the power button on the screen stays black and does nothing. The light on the power button stays on and the fan comes on and that is it. This has happened twice so far. The last time took over an hour to get it to boot up. I have had to power it on and off many times while letting it sit awhile in between attempts. Also had trouble bringing it out of sleep mode one time as well.

Is this a hardware or software issue? I don't have hardly anything installed on this laptop. I use it mainly to surf the web. This laptop is only 4 months old. What are my options?

Peter

Re: Satellite P775 won't boot up

What's your full model number? It should be on a label on the bottom.

- Peter
blb128

Full model number is P775-S7320

Peter

Try this. Turn off your laptop, unplug all wires, remove the battery, and hold the power button for thirty seconds. Afterwards, reattach the battery and connections.

- Peter
gllee

P

I have exactly the same problem. I press the power button, the fan come on, then 2 seconds later the notebook shutdown. I bought this just slightly 3 months ago.

Same model P775-S7320. 

I did what was posted. Doesn't work.

What shall I do.

Frank

Peter

When the laptop is off and plugged into the AC adaptor, which LEDs are lit?

Do the LEDs change when it tries to boot up?

Does it boot up if you try only with the AC adaptor (and no battery) or only battery (without AC adaptor)?

- Peter
gllee

Peter,

Here are the answers.

When the laptop is off and plugged into the AC adaptor, which LEDs are lit?

The plug in and battery LEDs. Both are white

Do the LEDs change when it tries to boot up?

No change for both of them. Power ON LED came on and went off 5 sec as power went off.

Does it boot up if you try only with the AC adaptor (and no battery) or only battery (without AC adaptor)?

Will not boot up for both case.

Peter

It sounds like it may need servicing. I'd recommend contacting customer support at (800) 457-7777.

- Peter