JH5214

Satellite L755-S524 won't run safe mode or system recovery options

I am trying to startup my PC in Safe mode and I get the screen that says Startup repair and it jsut sits with the blue bar scrolling across and below it says "attempting repairs"  It's been sittign like that over an hour..

Regular Advisor
GordOfTheJungle

Re: Satellite L755-S524 won't run safe mode or system recovery options

My experience has been that if Windows in Safe Mode, Normal Mode, Last Known Good Configuration, etc. doesn't kick in within 15 minutes, it's not going to happen. Try again with some of the other options in the Windows menu. If nothing works, your only option, in my experience, is to run the Recovery, knowing that all of files, programs, pictures and music that were added after the initial installation will be lost. It really sucks. Hopefully you have a good and recent backup. When my wife's computer got hit with a nasty virus last year, I was glad that I had gotten her the online backup. 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Satellite L755-S524 won't run safe mode or system recovery options

Satellite L755-S5242

If you haven't burned a Windows 7 System Repair disc, download one by scrolling down to the link Windows 7 System Repair Disc 64-bit here.

Create a Windows 7 System Repair Disc

Then try a Startup Repair and a System Restore from the Windows Recovery Environment.

What are the system recovery options in Windows 7?

Let us know how it goes.

-Jerry