venicegreece

Satellite L750 black screen on start up!

After using my new Laptop for three weeks (and only for 3 hours per day) suddenly one morning I pressed the start button and the only thing I got was a black screen with nothing else .No cursor , no sound , nothing at all , only black screen. Please I need help 

Peter

Re: Satellite L750 black screen on start up!

What model number is your computer?

When it's off but plugged into power, are any of the LEDs lit? When you press the power button, do the LEDs change? Can you hear the computer's fans start or anything else?

- Peter
KAIWEN

Same thing happened to me after updated BIOS.

I finally turn on the notebook the fan and the led is running, but the screen is all black.

Peter

KAIWEN, what's your full model? There should be more to it. You can find it on a label on the bottom.

- Peter
leenguyen106

Having same problem with Satellite L645-S4102

I have the same problem with this Satellite L645-S4102.  No Toshiba splash logo on startup.  Just a black screen.  There were BSOD problems before I got this laptop but I can't even get the laptop to bootup to even try and repair it.  The laptop is out of warranty.  On startup, it checks for usb bootable or DVD bootable disc (lights come on, but that's it).  any help would be greatly appreciated.  I tried taking out the batteries and leaving it for over an hour, held the power button to drain any static electricity, then put the lithium battery and laptop battery in  and still get the same results. 

Peter

Re: Having same problem with Satellite L645-S4102

There's an LED that signifies the computer is getting power from the AC adaptor. It should be lit up even when the computer hasn't been turned on (if it's plugged into power). Is it on for you? When you press the power button, does the power LED light up as well?

- Peter
leenguyen106

Yes I have LED lights for when its plugged in, when its accessing the harddrive the harddrive LED lights upbut no Toshiba splash logo, no blinking cursor, no bios access despite trying different methods
Peter

[ Edited ]

We know the AC adaptor is working then at least, which is sort of bad because that would have been an easy fix.

Try booting with the only the power cable and no battery and then with the battery and no power cable. Is there any difference?

You can also try reseating your memory to see if that makes a difference. Instructions should be found in your user's guide.

- Peter
Fatcat78

Hi, I am having the same problems.  The first time I have to open up the Memory, unplug and re-plug in, the harddisk as well.  It did not work immediately but after a few try, it was able to boot with the Toshiba splash logo.  The second time happen again with only the AC light and POWER light on.  I left it for a while until I can feel the fan running.  I reboot and it works again.  I think I will be facing this problem again if I switch my notebook off and try to start it again the next day.  Got any ideas?

leenguyen106

Peter, I did all of that n still nothing.
Peter

leenguyen, unfortunately it might be time to get the laptop serviced.

Fatcat, have you tried a full power cycle? Turn off your laptop, unplug all wires, remove the battery, and hold the power button for thirty seconds. Afterwards, reattach the battery and connections.

- Peter
Fatcat78

Tried the power cycle, did work.  Now the only way to start my laptop is to turn the power on, leave it for a while, turn it off and turn it back on again.  It's like my laptop need a warm up, LOL.  I think sooner or later it will not boot again.  Any idea on what likely is the problems?

Peter

Unfortunately, I'm not sure. It might be time to contact customer support at (800) 457-7777.

- Peter
Nuie

Hi ! I have a Toshiba Satellite L 750 D-15-E . its 2 mouths old and i got a black screen . i tried the trick with the battery but nothing happend ...