karin1

Satellite L745-S4310 won't boot up - black screen

We have had this L745-S4310 laptop for only 3 months or so and suddenly it won't boot up.  The screen is black and I can hear the fan running, but it won't boot up :smileysad:  Have tried removing battery to reset, but to no avail.  Any ideas?

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: Satellite L745-S4310 won't boot up - black screen

Let's just try a proper system reset and see if this helps bring your system back.  Power off your system, unplug everything including the AC, remove the battery, press and hold down the power on button for 30 seconds, replace battery and AC, power on, when you hopefully see the Toshiba logo press the 'F2' key to enter BIOS Setup, in setup press 'F9' to load setup defaults, press 'F10' to save and exit, try to boot into Windows again.

Let us know what happens. Good luck.

Mike

karin1

Thanks for the reply.  I tried this (three times, just for fun) and it didn't work.  It seems as if the screen has just decided to malfunction.  I don't know what else to try.

Super Advisor
miker643

You could try the other steps outlined in this article.

Computer will not turn on

If nothing works, and your unit is still on warranty call Customer Support and get a warranty authorization. In this case, if I was you, I would take it to a local Toshiba ASP, and try to NOT send it in for depot service.

Customer Support in the United States

• Computers: (800) 457-7777 (toll-free) or (949) 859-4273

Locate a Service Center

Good luck.

Mike