JEshelman

Satellite L505D-S5983 / New BIOS causing trouble.

Hello. I just upgraded my Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5983's BIOS.  The Toshiba Service Station downloaded it for me so I know it is not the wrong one.  I even double checked.  However, now something is wrong. (FYI: It went from Bios Revision 1.00 to 1.10.)

--------------------------------

Before I get into exactly what is wrong, let me just very quickly tell you what should happen.

As EVERYONE knows... you have a boot screen based on your manufacturer, then, the "Windows is starting up" screen.

So like most everyone here, mine starts with the Toshiba logo.  With the "Press F8 for safe mode " or whatever the button is. As well as the boot menu.  Then the Windows 7 start up screen pops up.

SO MY PROBLEM IS:

Now, my screen stays COMPLETELY black UNTIL the Windows 7 Log-On screen pops up.  Which is now frustrating because I can not see anything on my screen such as buttons I would need to press for specific things or just seeing when Windows is starting up. 

Anyone else having issues like this?  Anyway to roll back my Bios version?  (System Restore is out of the question, that only works for Windows related things)

If no one knows, I will just call Toshiba.  Thanks in advance!