TomArk

Satellite L505 Will not power up!

When trying to send an error report the computer locked up.  Pushed power button, screen went black.  Pushed power button again nothing.  Nothing except sometimes the cursor arrow from keypad.  What's up?

This is a new computer.  All instructions are of course in the software, and inaccessible.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Satellite L505 Will not power up!

Unplug the AC adaptor, remove the battery, then press and hold the power button down for a minimum of 30 seconds.  Now replace the battery and see if it powers up.  If not repreat the process but this time leave the battery out and only plug in the AC.  If it still doesn't power on repeat the process again and this time replace the battery and plug the AC back in.  If it still doesn't power up it's time to start checking the hardware.  Remove the ram and try it with only one stick.  You might need to try each one individually to see if either works.  If that doesn't help remove the hard drive and see if it will post to the Toshiba screen.  If that doesn't help you'll probably need to take it to a service center.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

littleb

Wow, this happened to me today with this model and I was about to return it for a replacement.  It fixed it right away, thank you for this advice!  Could you explain why this happened and if there is a way to prevent it?  It happened to me when it was in hibernation mode and I tried to open it.

Thank you very much!

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

I don't know why it happened.  As for why this often times works, that process drains all of the charge out of the capacitors which allows it to reset it self. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

vweb

didnt work for me...
Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Then it's time to send it in to a repair center.

professorbanks

I have a Toshiba L505D-S5983 I left it unattended for overnight. The next morning it will not come out of hibernate. Is there a way to bring it out of hibernate? Ihave tried the restart while pressiing f8 repeatedly, removing the battery, and reseating the memory but nothing is working. I keep getting a black screen, no cursor, a humming, but no blue screen of death.