knoxie73

Satellite L500-19X Media Test Failure

Hi

Wonder if anyone can help have had the Laptop for several years and recently it started working really slow and then when i tried to start it up all i get is Media Test Failure Check Cable.

Im not sure wshat this means and how to fix it. I have seen some posts with BIOS etc but i havent got a clue what that means. Any help would be grateful

Thanks

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Re: Satellite L500-19X Media Test Failure

Hi These are my thoughts. Media failure probably means your HD is bad or your OS is corupted. The best thing for you to do is take it to a repair shop. Always post your model number, which can be found on the bottom of your lap top. If you don't have important data on your system, you can try to restore back to factory.

Warning:All data on the hard drive will be erased. Back up any important data before proceeding. Make sure the computer is connected to a power supply and do not switch it off or restart during the process.

• 1) Hold down the power button for ten seconds to switch off your machine
    • Please note: Holding down the power button on the machine forces it to switch off. Any unsaved data will be lost.
  • 2) Press and hold the zero key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on your notebook
  • 3) When the machine starts beeping, release the zero key
  • 4) When prompted by the warning screen, select Yes to continue with the system recovery
  • 5) Select Recovery of Factory Default Software and click Next
  • 6) Select Recover to out-of-box state and Click Next again
  • 7) Click Next to Start the recovery.
I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.
knoxie73

Hi

Thansk for the reply appreciate it.

Model is PLSEOE-00F01DEN.

I did recently copy the main things i wanted to keep on the laptop pictures/songs etc that kind of thing so im n ot worried about loosing that.

Do you think a Factory Reset will work or should i take it to a repair shop ?

Really do appreciate your help

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

[ Edited ]

Hi If your HD is ok and it's just your OS that has been corupted, then restore back to factory would be the thing I would try first.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000706.htm

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.