DrkDemon552

Satellite A305-S6858

ok my laptop is using a Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family video card and i was wondering if i am able to change/rplace it with a different video card i need to change this so that i am able to play a few video games without them crashing or am i going to have to get a new computer all together?
Frequent Advisor

Re: Satellite A305-S6858

DrkDemon552 wrote:
ok my laptop is using a Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family video card and i was wondering if i am able to change/rplace it with a different video card i need to change this so that i am able to play a few video games without them crashing or am i going to have to get a new computer all together?

Rather than a video 'card' your model has the graphics chipset integrated to the system board, so there's no way to upgrade.

If game playing is critical, then it's new computer time.  You might want to look into a desktop system rather than a laptop, so you can upgrade it rather than buy a new computer every six months.

Regular Advisor
nicholaiCUTE

Rick_Roehrig wrote:

DrkDemon552 wrote:

Rather than a video 'card' your model has the graphics chipset integrated to the system board, so there's no way to upgrade.

If game playing is critical, then it's new computer time.  You might want to look into a desktop system rather than a laptop, so you can upgrade it rather than buy a new computer every six months.

I agree with what DrkDemon552 mentioned. Toshiba laptops Video cards are integrated to the motherboard and cannot be upgraded.

Laptops are less customizeable than a desktop computer. Most devices for laptops are integrated to the motherboard because they need to be compact and light weight.

-----------------------
oOo
*Read EULA before installing any software.
:smileywink:
Occasional Contributor
BruceWayne

i agree with them...

if you wanted to upgrade the video card of your computer, you might want to considering purchasing a new motherboard...

which is more likely, will cost you as much as having a new computer...

so you might want to weigh your options firs...