Reply
Member
BernieH
Posts: 9

SD card

[ Edited ]

I have just purchased a Satellite L750 and my SD card is not recognized by windows live photo

The card works fine in the other two computers in the house.

When in Windows live photos and I request it to download photos it does not list the card as a

source of photos etc.

 

Any help will be appreciated...

 

Thanks,

 

Bernie H

Member
remarkblz
Posts: 7

Re: SD card

When you plug the SD card into the pc, what happens?

Member
BernieH
Posts: 9

Re: SD card

Sorry for the delay...

 

"What happens when You insert the card?"

 

When I insert the card all I get  is a slight "ding" and then nothing. No change in the screen or any further sounds or messages

Regular Advisor
GordOfTheJungle
Posts: 778

Re: SD card

The ding means that the computer is 'seeing' the new hardware. A couple seconds later, you should be able to go to Windows Explorer and see the SD card as a separate drive. Drive E: or F: or something. You should be able to see the files and folders on the SD card too. Maybe the problem is with the photo viewing program you're using. Try Picassa and see if that works.

Member
BernieH
Posts: 9

Re: SD card

I do not use Windows Explorer. I have had difficulties in the past with using it on my desck top computer.

Any other suggestions????

 

Thank you

 

BernieH

Regular Advisor
eniac
Posts: 494

Re: SD card

Right click> open with> windows photo viewer.

Member
BernieH
Posts: 9

Re: SD card

Thanks for the tip....How ever it still not working.

The card works on other computers but not on the Toshiba for an unknown reason....

 

Another suggestions?

 

BernieH

Regular Advisor
eniac
Posts: 494

Re: SD card

start>programs>accessories>system tools>computer

 

Does the drive show up? Is it assigned a letter? 

Member
BernieH
Posts: 9

Re: SD card

 

 

 

 

 


eniac wrote:

start>programs>accessories>system tools>computer

 

Does the drive show up? Is it assigned a letter? 



Thank you for your reply

 

No, the only bject assigned a letter in "Devises withremovable storage" is the DVD player :smileyvery-happy:

 

What next????

 

Thanks again.....

 

BernieH

Super Advisor
miker643
Posts: 4,063

Re: SD card

Bernie, look on the bottom of your computer at the Toshiba label, and give us your full model number like Satellite L750-ST4N02, and your model's part number, like PSK1WU-04D020. Also, please confirm that you are still running Windows 7 64bit edition.

 

We should try to reload the driver for your SD card, and we need the above information to do that.

 

Mike

Member
BernieH
Posts: 9

Re: SD card

miker643 wrote:

Bernie, look on the bottom of your computer at the Toshiba label, and give us your full model number like Satellite L750-ST4N02, and your model's part number, like PSK1WU-04D020. Also, please confirm that you are still running Windows 7 64bit edition.

 

We should try to reload the driver for your SD card, and we need the above information to do that.

 

Mike


Thanks Mike....

 

Model #  L750  <ES5.0>

 

Part #PSK1WC-OKP01S

 

Yes I am using Windows 7  64bit addition

 

Any help would be greatly appriciated....

 

BernieH





Super Advisor
miker643
Posts: 4,063

Re: SD card

Satellite L750 - PSK1WC-0KP01S

 

Hi Bernie

 

Yours is a Canadian model, and above is a link to your model's support site. To see your drivers or specifications, you need click on the correct tab on the black bar under the product description.

 

With SD card NOT inserted in the card reader, download this file to your desktop, and then double click on it to install the driver, reboot if requested.

 

Realtek Card Reader Win7 64bit v.1.0.0.14

 

 

Then, insert your SD card, click on 'Start', look for 'Computer' on the right side of the menu, and click on that, see if your card reader now appears there, if so then double click on that drive, and see if you can access your photos.

 

Please let us know what happens. Good luck.

 

Mike

Member
BernieH
Posts: 9

Re: SD card


miker643 wrote:

Satellite L750 - PSK1WC-0KP01S

 

Hi Bernie

 

Yours is a Canadian model, and above is a link to your model's support site. To see your drivers or specifications, you need click on the correct tab on the black bar under the product description.

 

With SD card NOT inserted in the card reader, download this file to your desktop, and then double click on it to install the driver, reboot if requested.

 

Realtek Card Reader Win7 64bit v.1.0.0.14

 

 

Then, insert your SD card, click on 'Start', look for 'Computer' on the right side of the menu, and click on that, see if your card reader now appears there, if so then double click on that drive, and see if you can access your photos.

 

Please let us know what happens. Good luck.

 

Mike


Hi Mike,

 

I successfully download the Realtek driver you recommended. The driver show-up as being installed but not when opening the "computer"

When running windows live photos and requesting to down load pics nothing happens.

 

Any other suggestion???

 

Thanks

 

BernieH

Super Advisor
miker643
Posts: 4,063

Re: SD card

Try this Microsoft Fix It

 

Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows

 

 

Good luck.

 

Mike

Member
BernieH
Posts: 9

Re: SD card

Mike

 

I did as you suggested and still no luck.

Any other  suggestion other than using the Toshiba as a boat anchor?????

 

BernieH

Super Advisor
miker643
Posts: 4,063

Re: SD card

[ Edited ]

Bernie buddy, try to stay positive! :smileyhappy:  Troubleshooting computers is almost always a process, not an event.

 

Back up all your user files, pictures, movies, music, etc. If you have not already done so, create a set of Toshiba Recovery Media as per instructions on page 1-13 (adobe reader pg. 38) of your User's Manual, you'll need at least 4 DVDs or a 16GB+ USB thumbdrive. Then run the Toshiba Recovery Utility from the recovery partition on your hard drive to return your unit to its factory default out-of-the-box setup, as instructed beginning on page 1-14 (adobe reader pg. 39) of your user's guide.

 

This is considered the gold standard test on whether or not you actually have a hardware problem/failure.

 

Please let us know what happens. Good luck.

 

Mike

Super Advisor
miker643
Posts: 4,063

Re: SD card


BernieH wrote: I have just purchased a Satellite L750 and my SD card is not recognized by windows ....

Bernie, how recent is 'just' in 'just purchased'. A day, a week?  If it's that new, take it back where you got it and demand a replacement.

 

Mike

Member
BernieH
Posts: 9

Re: SD card


miker643 wrote:

BernieH wrote: I have just purchased a Satellite L750 and my SD card is not recognized by windows ....

Bernie, how recent is 'just' in 'just purchased'. A day, a week?  If it's that new, take it back where you got it and demand a replacement.

 

Mike


Mike,

 

I purchased it mid January and left for Florida the next day.

I was in Florida when I realized I couldn't down load any photos etc.

 

I waited till I go back home before making inquiries on the

web site.

 

Thanks for you assistance and I am going to take your advise

and head to Future Shop and request a replacement....

 

BernieH

Super Advisor
miker643
Posts: 4,063

Re: SD card


BernieH wrote:..Thanks for you assistance and I am going to take your advise

and head to Future Shop and request a replacement....


Future shop, purchased 3 months ago... hmm good luck with that buddy. But, hopefully they'll fix it for you. Make sure you backup all your data, music, etc, before you take it in.

 

Mike