Occasional Contributor
gibsonlespaul

Portege 4010 AC LED flashing Amber --- PLEASE HELP !!!

[ Edited ]
Hi All,

I desperately need someones help

I have a Portege 4010 which I had to open up to remove the CD drive connector which had broken...

I put the laptop back together and now I am having major dramas.

When I plug the AC adapter in (without the battery pack installed) the AC adapter LED light on the top of the screen (1st of the 6 LED's on the top of the screen) is green but as soon as I push the power button to boot the system, the green light goes off for about 1-2 seconds, then starts blinking amber and nothing happens... No screen, no HDD wind up, no fan.... nothing but a amber flashing AC LED indicator light.

The only way to stop it flashing is to pull out the AC Adapter.

If I have the battery pack in and connect the AC Adapter, the exact same thing happens, but if I pull out the AC Adapter and leave the battery pack in, it will still continue to blink orange.... this will only stop when I pull out the AC Adapter and remove the battery pack as well, leaving no power going to anything (obviously)

I cannot find any documentation on the net or in the manual (downloaded PDF version and hard copy version) nor can I find any forums or instances where anyone has had this problem to suggest what it might be. I have seen plently of forum postings where people say that the POWER LED blinks orange which is fixed by removing the battery and holding down the power button for 30 seconds, but this is not the power LED that is flashing, it is the AC Adapter indicator LED that flashes amber, the first LED from the left of the six that are on the top of the screen.

Does anyone know what the hell a flashing amber AC Adapter indicator LED means, I'm thinking it might be something to do with the fact that I may have removed the CMOS battery at some point (I can't remember if I did, but I might've)

If anyone can help me, I would be greatly appreciative... this is driving me absolutely batty !!!!

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy

Occasional Contributor
gibsonlespaul

Re: Portege 4010 AC LED flashing Amber --- PLEASE HELP !!!

CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE HELL A FLASHING AMBER AC ADAPTER INDICATOR LIGHT ON A PORTEGE 4010 MEANS....

SURELY WITH ALL THE COMBINED KNOWLEDGE BASE ON THIS SITE, SOMEONE KNOWS WHAT IT MEANS !!!

PLEASE... I'M DESPERATE NOW !!!!

THANKS