thygame
Accepted Solution

PC Health Monitor doesn't work

I own the A505-S6017 lap top, I back up the computer using Windows 7 backup feature and when I went to recover that back up the PC Health Monitor simply won't work. The error I kept getting is "Can't get the bios type" and or "unsupported". I even recovered the partition using the the recovery partition backup stored from the factory and I tried again without any modifications and backup the drive, and again when I went to recover that backup the PC Health Monitor didn't work. It seems to only work only under the factory recovery partition has been stored. This defeats the purpose of the idea of backing up your drive. I called Toshiba support and first they hung up on me (I think because they were lost on fixing the problem), then I called again and they simply couldn't help me on this problem. Ok now I'm forced to return the lap top and its unfortunate because I really do like this lap top. By the way yes I read the bulletins on people with this problem and I tried all recommended cures and none work. Its simple a conflict with Windows 7 and the Toshiba software in which I hope they cure this problem soon.

Please Note: I'am an experience computer technician and never came across this problem before and I'm open for suggestions.

paulra30

Re: PC Health Monitor doesn't work

I'm Having the same problem do you know how to fix the problem with bios not supported and bios type not found?

tsuyopin

I had seen this situation on my TOSHIBA computer (Windows7).

I will tell you how to work "TOSHIBA PC Health Monitor" in this situation.

1. Uninstall "TOSHIBA Value Added Package".

2. Reboot.

3. Move "TVALZ.SYS" and "TVALZ_O.SYS" from "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers" to other folders.(ex. desktop)

4. Install "TOSHIBA Value Added Package".

5. Reboot.

6. Install "TOSHIBA PC Health Monitor".

7. Reboot.

8. Use "TOSHIBA PC Health Monitor". it will work nomally.

* You can use this instaction for "TOSHIBA Eco Utility".

Love TOSHIBA !!

tsuyopin 

johnefury

Beautiful........It worked. Thanks

billtown79

i was having problems with sleep utility, health monitor, eco mode, and toshiba buttons. they wouldn't work, and i was really disappointed because i'm in love with my toshiba satellite. well i searched for help and was directed to a response explaining how to fix it...i followed the instructions and now it works!!!! Thank you Toshiba!!!!! love u guys

brandonj

I followed those steps and everthing seemed to be going fine until I tried to install the Health Monitor. I know I chose the right one Windows 7 64BIT. I did the install it said it was good and re-boot. I did but once I re-booted it's not there I've tried it so many times now it's saying it's not supported....Any ideas?
brandonj

Should I remove TVALZFL.sys? The filter driver for x64.
Occasional Contributor
dikma

When i'am trying to uninstall Toshiba Value Add Package.

It says like the picture below :

Occasional Contributor
dikma

up up up..

Nachum

Have followed your instructions several times but it does not resolve this issue.

Nachum

Have tried this fix but in Windows 8.1 it does not work.

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Hi ! It gets really confusing when a half dozen people post on a message that has been marked solved. It gets even more confusing when you fail to post your full model number found on the bottom of your lap top. Please create your own message with your model number included on the message.:smileymad:

Dokie!!

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/General-Features-Knowledge-Base/TOSHIBA-PC-Health-Monitor/ta-p/346906

This is the best I can do ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.
Nachum

Problem now resolved by installing health monitor