Quick_Karl

P855 S5200 Keyboard

My keyboard does NOT work when I get to my login screen -- but if I restart the computer then it works... What the.....???????

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: P855 S5200 Keyboard

Try the following, Karl.

1.  Open Device Manager, double click on Keyboards, right click the Internal Keyboard and click Uninstall.  Restart computer and the Keyboard driver will be automatically reinstalled.

2.  If that doesn't cure your problem, do a System Reset.  Turn off computer. Remove all attachments and battery. Press and hold the Power button for 15 seconds.  Attach Power and insert battery.  Start computer and tap F2 at the Toshiba splash screen to get in BIOS.  Press F9 to setup system defaults. Answer Yes. Press F10 to Save Configuration Changes and Exit.  Answer Yes to complete the process.  The computer will restart.

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
TiffanyLeVan

try taking the battery out, i had that problem once, never happened again
Posted from Facebook
Quick_Karl

I will do ANYTHING you say, Tiffany! :smileyvery-happy:

I think the battery thing solved the problem - AND, I put a nice Intel SATAIII SSD in so it's really fast now!