bmd4
Accepted Solution

Out-of-the-box problem with L55-A5284 Laptop

I just purchased a Satellite Laptop L55-A5284, P/N PSKLAU-00H004.

I started setting it up with user name, wireless network to use, etc and I finally got to the Space Needle screen with date and time displayed. When I clicked on that screen, it went to the Microsoft login screen. However, once I put in my password, it then went to a blank screen and froze. I tried cycling power off/on and it came back to the same screen with the same results. I do not know where to go from here so any suggestions would be appreciated. This is also my first experience with Windows 8. Thanks

Super Advisor
eagle3

Re: Out-of-the-box problem with L55-A5284 Laptop

You can wait for a response here or you can call toshiba support 1-800-457-7777 it is free for the first 60 or 90 days.

S70-ABT2N22 Windows 7, A135-S2256 Windows 7, C55-A5180 Windows 7 ****Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!****
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I do not know where to go from here..

lI would head back to the place where I bought it. Best Buy gives you 15 days to return the machine with no questions asked.

-Jerry
bmd4

Thanks for the replies. I  finally got through to the Toshiba help line and they were able to help me reset the system by removing all power and depressing the power button for about 15 seconds before powering up again.