kai34759

No Operating System Found

I've had my Qosmio for less than 3 months and have already had more issues with it than my 3 year old Dell. My newest problem has to do with getting a "No Operating System Found" message when turning my computer on this morning.

I've also been getting blank screens with a message about my display driver not responding.

And here I thought that the rattling sound it makes was my biggest worry.

Super Advisor
lorddethstalker

Re: No Operating System Found

If you were seriously hearing noises coming from it and you now get no operating messages, then it is possible that your hard drive has failed.

Welcome to the Toshiba user forums.
For those of you who do not know what a user forum is, it is a community of users who volunteer time to help other users. Anyone can participate. It's 100% voluntary.
Being super active is never a requirement
Occasional Contributor
nicholb

[ Edited ]

I've got the no OS message twice on bootup in the 2 months I have had my 870. In my case I think it is the hard drive vibration sensor. This locks down the hard drive when it detects movement. I normally have the laptop sitting on the bed (on a laptop tray) and both times I had sat down on the bed while it was booting. I have not seen the error since I started being careful about movement during bootup.

Of course as the previous poster indicated that error usually means a failed or failing hard drive. Run a boot time scan of the drive to make sure there is no problems with it.

kai34759

Thanks for the responses. I find it hard to believe that a couple month old computer would have a failed hard drive but stranger things have happened.

How exactly do you run a boot scan?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

How exactly do you run a boot scan?

See this article.

Run Check Disk from a Command Line to Check for and fix Disk Errors

-Jerry