seahawk037

Need help restoring Satellite P505-S8980 to factory settings

Hello,

I desperately need help restoring my Toshiba Satellite P505-S8980 to its original factory settings (I didn't create any repair or backup discs), preferably without having to order discs from Toshiba.

I'm completely illiterate when it comes to computers, so if someone could provide step-by-step instructions on how to do this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

Re: Need help restoring Satellite P505-S8980 to factory settings

you can create the recovery media at anytime as long as the hdd partitions have not been damaged. to restore it without the discs you can press and hold F8 during start up and choose to restore to factory out of box. it will restore from the hdd partitions. if the partitions are damaged you will not be able to do this and will have to call toshiba to order a set of media. if it does work from the partitions make the recovery media as soon as you are finished the restore so that you have it.

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite P505-S8980

See the section Recovering to out-of-box state (recommended recovery method) starting on p. 62 of the User's Guide.

Satellite P500 Series User’s Guide

-Jerry
LuckySeven

Try going to START > ALLPROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > SYSTEM TOOLS > SYSTEM RECOVERY usely that works out find just restore it back to when you bought it .. also you could probley just put a windows 7 Disk in and Restore Fresh make Sure if you do that you go into the bios and set it so it boots from CD

Hoped this helped

~`~`~`~`~`~`SEVEN`~`~`~`~`~`~
hernancho007

Hi, I have the same problem... but:

1) I tried to restore from the "restore dvd's"... but didn't work,it start to initialize the partition, then copying the files, but at a point it shows the error that it can't locate $TOSIMG$. It happens some times at the dvd 1 or 3. It finally shut down the pc and nothing happened...

2) I also tried the hold cero and f8 things... but didn't work either... nevertheless I can see that there's a HDDRECOVERY partition on the HDD...

I've run out of options... any ideas?

marwannoman