notebook920

NEED DRIVERS-CANNOT FIND

i recently put XP on what originally was a Vista machine, Toshiba Satellite A305-6825.  i reformatted and installed XP and now i have all these drivers missing.  i went to the toshiba site and viewed the available drivers but none looked like the ones i need.  the drivers i need are in the attached pic.  any directions for me?  thanks a bunch.

notebook920

Re: NEED DRIVERS-CANNOT FIND

i should also add i cannot get on the internet with that laptop, so i need to save the drivers to my flash and then install on the one that needs them..

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite A305-S6825 (PSAG0U-00U00K)

That model belongs to part-number family PSAG0U, which translates to the European part-number family PSAG0E.

You'll find plenty of XP drivers and utilities here.

The order of installation matters. Install the Intel chipset software followed by the Intel display driver prior to any other driver. Install the Common Module before any other Toshiba utility.

-Jerry
notebook920

[ Edited ]

sounds good.  but what are all the 'Base System Device' ones?  good heads up about the proper order, thanks.  it seems to be working so far

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Ignore Device Manager. If you've tried to install devices already, begin again with a clean install of Windows XP.

-Jerry
notebook920

[ Edited ]

everything is fine but i cant get wireless.  i downloaded the realtek driver from the realtek site but the files are non executable, just a security catalog and some dll's.  everything is set, just no wifi!! 

i take that back i cant get online at all, still says i need network controller driver..

notebook920

all good.

thanks  jerry.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

all good. thanks  jerry.

So you sorted things out. That's good.

You don't have a Realtek wireless adapter, of course. Yours is by Intel and it's on the Toshiba site.

-Jerry