powderkeg02

My laptop screen goes black when i plug in an Hdmi cord

Initially I had both my tv and computer off. I connected the dvi to the tv and the hdmi to the laptop and turned them both on. I had no issue using my laptop as i tried to sync the computer to the TV. However i must have accidentally hit something in the graphics options as my laptop screen went black. I unplugged the hdmi cord from my laptop and the screen came back up. But now for some reason everytime i plug in the hdmi cord to the laptop the screen goes black. When i take it out it the screen comes back up. Did i change something that is causing this to happen? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Regular Contributor
Altair

Re: My laptop screen goes black when i plug in an Hdmi cord

Possible did. 

You should be able to press the FN/F5 keys to switch back. 

powderkeg02

I tried that and it didnt do anything. Is there anything else that may be causing this problem?

Regular Contributor
Altair

What Toshiba model do you have?

powderkeg02

A505-6005

susandp

Hi,

I have the toshiba satelite 300 with windows 7. I been working perfect all the time. But just today I have the exact same problem. Has soon has the hdmi cord is plugged in my screen goes black, unplug it and it comes back. All the time before now I saw the same on both the screen and tv. Can someone help me fix this? Thanks!

susandp

Ok so I finally got it fixed and here is what I did. I held down on the fn button while the laptop was plugged to the tv. Different options came up. You can use the mouse on the computer to click the options. When i clicked the right option it now works. Try the fn and change some settings until you get the right one. Thats what I did.

DaveA1

Hello. I have a Toshiba Laptop C55t-A5123 Windows 8.1  64 bit op. system and the HDMI started turning my screen black when I plugged it in and sometimes my screen will just flash and my TV says no input signal.  It worked before. Please help. Thank you.

Peter

How long ago was it working correctly?

- Peter
DaveA1

Less than a week. I tried to use a restore point and there seems to be something wrong with them because they wont restore to any of them.  I used chkdsk/R and restarted my Computer, still not working.  Does that sound like I might have taken on a virus?  Or is it from something else?  Thanks for replying.

Peter

I can't say for sure, but I doubt a virus would do this. Try reinstalling this:

Intel Display Driver File: tc50165500b.exe Version: 10.18.10.3323 Posted Date: 2013-12-23

- Peter
DaveA1

I reinstalled the Intel Driver you gave me.  When I plug the HDMI the computer screen goes black.  I have tried duplicate and extend to no avail.  I did however restarted my computer with the HDMI plugged in and the computer screen stays on but does not duplicate to my Sony TV. The computer does recognize the TV however but the TV says "No Signal".  I double checked to make sure "duplicate" was still selected and it is selected.

Peter

Have you tried it on a different TV?

- Peter
DaveA1

No I did not try it on another TV.  I dont have a second TV that has a HDMI port.  I have tried both ports on the TV that I have though.

Peter

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure of a solution. You might want to call customer support at (800) 457-7777.

- Peter
DaveA1

Thank you for your time and help.  Dave

Peter

Sorry I wasn't able to find a solution.

- Peter