bmbfranco

My laptop is stuck in start up repair

Hi, everytime I turn my computer on it goes straight to startup repair. It checks the system for problems and then it says that startup repair connot repair this computer automatically. I click on advanced options for system recovery and support and I click on the system restore. After a little while the system restore window pops up. I follow the process but right after it finishs it says "System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed. System Restore failed due to an unspecified error. The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002)." I've tried all the system restore points but it always says the same thing. I dont have a backup image and I dont have a recovery disk either. I'm not sure what the command prompt thing is either. Could anyone help please.

I dont know if this matters but my laptop is a Satellite P500 (PSPE0U-05200S).

Occasional Contributor
jann_

Re: My laptop is stuck in start up repair

Sounds like your backup files were corrupted, and if that's the case you won't be able to use any of the restore points. It could of been a virus, or just another windows glitch, but it's hard to say for sure. See if you can't get into your system via safe mode and back your files up. F2, F8 or F10 during the first few seconds should bring up that option, not sure which one it is off the top of my head. You'll probably end up having to reformat your computer, but at least you'll have a computer to use.