LynneNewkirk

My built in Web Cam won't work

I have an Sat A305-S6909 - my Vista Home Prem 64 bit became corrupted.  I took the laptop in and had it corrected.  But, I lost my Web Cam.  I found the drivers on your site.  I now have the camera option coming up on the left hand side of my screen  - BUT - I receive the message Web Cam driver fail - restart - whenever trying to access the camera.  I have restarted.  I believe the problem  exists with the driver download.  It seems the WinZip Self-Extractions never completes and moves on to setup.  I am stumped.

Thank you

Peter

Re: My built in Web Cam won't work

Try installing this driver.

Camera Utility for Windows XP / Vista (32/64bit)

If you're having trouble installing it, you might try installing it in Safe Mode.

- Peter
LynneNewkirk

That is the same one I have been trying to use.  I did try it again and the same thing happens the WinZip Self-Extractor comes up and there is a box that says setup will start when the extraction is complete and nothing else ever happens.

Peter

If you don't have WinRAR, download it here.

Once it's installed, right-click on the camera driver (driver_camera_27725A.exe) and select "Extract to driver_camera_27725A\" to extract it to that folder. Open the folder and run "setup.exe."

- Peter