chickens_94

My Toshiba Laptop , can't find my wireless router

My toshiba Satellite L500D Laptop , after 9 months after it was bought , can't find my wireless router anymore . I had a look over the internet and have worked out the problem is connected to the wireless finder and it won't fix because the combinatio Fn + F8 is not working ??? I really need help please !!

So far i have tried Following the laptop help and troubleshooting methods (COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME) i have tried what worked for some people to do with the flash cards.....:smileysad:

Regular Contributor
Altair

Re: My Toshiba Laptop , can't find my wireless router

Let me see if I can help. 

The Flash cards usually do not fail once installed.   For FN/F8 to work you need to have the right utility.  Also you need to have working and properly enabled Wireless devices.  If they are not then you will not have this option. 

Is your wifi actually working.  Does it see any Access Points?  Can you go to Device Manager to see if the Wifi is not banged out?  Not sure but you can check to see if there is a wifi switch on the computer.  Look around the edge.  Some machine have this switch to enable the antenna. 

When you say Flash cards do not work.  Is it the FN/F8 only or all cards.  FN (F1-F9).  If they do not work reply back and I will try to help you with the flash cards and then work on your wifi problem.   

Good Luck,

Keyblade666

Can it find other wireless routers or is it just the one ur using.

If it's just yours u could of been ip blocked off from it. Cuz i ip block my brother and sisters sometimes when they lag me. XD

chickens_94

Thanks my wifi (belkin router) works perfectly . its showing a green light for my laptop which means its found my laptop but my laptop can't find it 

chickens_94

every flash card works except Fn +F8 . when i press the others a little display appear with all the other F (numbers) but F8

Regular Contributor
Altair

TVAP is installed.  I think your problem is with the wireless card/cards and not the hot key.  

FN/F8 does will not, when you either do not have a wireless card or something is wrong with it.  Check device manager to see if the card is ok.    

1)  Go to the control panel.  Start, All Programs, Control Panel.

2)  Double click on the system icon. 

3)  Click on device manager.  

4)  There should be a network entry.  Click on it.  

5)  Is there a wireless card entry?

6)  Any device banged out.  Out of place device.  

When did this problem occur?  Did you do an OS upgrade?  Take the machine into service?  Was it working before?

chickens_94

Tried it their was the device manager says its working  fine ... the laptop 7 months old and until two day ago it has always found it easy to connect to wifi / belkin routers all the time

Regular Contributor
Altair

I am assuming you tried other connecting to other Access Points?  Just asking to make sure it is a problem with the computer. 

I recommend uninstalling the wireless driver and installing it again.  Go to program and features to uninstall the Wifi driver.  To install it go to Start, All Programs, My Toshiba and launch Toshiba Application Installer.  Install the wifi driver.  Make sure you restart between uninstalling and installing. 

Good Luck,

chickens_94

I have now been sent a replacement after two months of bugging them to give me back my laptop I sent to repairs which they lost . They have sent me a laptop which is a better model and works but the problems is it has been broke in transport . The edges of the screen case is broken , the left side of the laptop is depressed , so it doesn't stand evenly on a flat surface . I have had enough of dealing with Toshiba . What should I do , what do you recommend ??