emartinez

Microsoft Word

I just bought and set up my Toshiba Satellite.  When I opened up word it asked for the 25 digit key.  It also mentioned that I could still use the software but after 25 uses my access would be limited.  Where would I find this 25 digit key?  Or do I actually have to purchase microsoft word?  Thanks

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Microsoft Word

You have to request the key from Microsoft

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

emartinez

thanks.  will that trial code only last for so long?  will I eventually need to purchase it?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Normally it's a 60 day trial.  After that you would need to purchase it or install some other word processor/office suite.  A lot of people go with the OpenOffice Suite rather than purchase MS Office.  It can do about 80 to 90% of what MS Office can do and can open MS Word 2007 documents.  If one doesn't need the few things that MS Office has than OpenOffice doesn't then it's more than adequate for most people.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.