csipple

Low disk space

How do I free up diskspace on drive C

Regular Advisor
MadRN

Re: Low disk space

You can use programs (free) like ccleaner and Glary Utilities to identify junk temp tiles and other stuff that programs left vehind and it can be deleted.

Aside from that, you'll have to do any/all of these:

• Physically remove data files:  save your personal data, downloaded movies, or pictures or "other" to DVD, external hard drive, or some other media and delete them on C drive.
  • Uninstall all programs that you no longer use.
  • Use disk conpression, but I don't know how well the current version of it works.

Hard drives are inexpensive.  You could also upgrade the hard drive.

brownthomas820

Re: Low disk space

[ Edited ]

Following are the common & necessary steps to follow when there is low disk space :-

1) Unistall any unnecessary game or software or program. (Actually start with this step)

2) Disk Cleanup. Go to the target drive (I am assuming its C:smileyhappy:, right click -> Disk Cleanup

3) Go to Start -> Run -> type "%temp%" . Delete all files in this folder.

4) Go to C:\Windows\Temp . Delete all files in this folder too.

5) Defragment your disk. Simply put, it means rearranging your disk to fit data more effectively. You will need a good software for it. I suggest Auslogics Disk Defragmenter. Its free. Another one is Diskeeper. You will get a 30 day trial. But it will do the trick. Hope I helped.    :smileywink: 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If fate wants you to lose, give it a good fight anyhow!!!