JTluvsRob

Laptop shuts off when AC is plugged in

Laptop works fine for the most part when running on battery.  But as soon as I plug in the AC it shuts down.  It trys over and over to reboot or freezes.  Please, help!  We have had 3 computer people look at it with no help.

Peter

Re: Laptop shuts off when AC is plugged in

Please include your full model number when posting problems on the forums. It can be found on the bottom of your laptop.

If you can't solve your issue and no one in the community can help, contact support to speak with a tech support agent at (800) 457-7777.

- Peter
aavzqz-laptop

Mine is a Satellite A305-S6997E. When plugged to AC power it will shut down unexpectedly. On battery or using Windows Safe Mode it works fine. I saw many recent comments on this topic. Logic says it is a software related problem as hardware should fail always regardless the OS or power supply. I'll try Linux OS, just in case as everybody is complaining about this problem and all of us are using Windows.

Is there any solution to this without taking the computer to a service center? Getting that piece of advice feels like Toshiba is trying to get rid of us. If it is hardware problem, I will not definetely buy another Toshiba in my life. BTW, I live in Argentina

Peter

If it doesn't happen in Safe Mode, you could try performing a clean startup.

Type "msconfig" in the Search field in the Start Menu and press "ENTER." In the window that opens, click "Selective Startup" in the "General" tab. Uncheck "Load startup items." Now, switch to the "Services" tab. Check the "Hide all Microsoft services" box, and then click "Disable all."

Now, reboot and see if you still have the problem. If you don't, you know that one of the things you disabled was causing the problem.

- Peter
aavzqz-laptop

Thank you for your piece of advice. As soon as I have done it, I will let you know whether the problem persists or not