Reonj

Laptop Suddenly shuts down

I have a satellite A665-S6086 laptop and I've been having a problem for the last few months where my laptop suddenly power off while viewing online videos. I have two audio drivers installed so I disabled the Intel Display Audio but no luck. Any Ideas

Regular Advisor
Rickez

Re: Laptop Suddenly shuts down

When you say "...power off", is this a un-controlled, instant off or is it rebooting?

Will it always immediately restart by pushing the power button or does this require waiting a spell?

Have you ever experienced this other than watching videos?

If there's no indication of anything and the machine just "blam" powers off, my first guess would be a hardware issue, maybe thermal? If it's rebooting and ONLY when watching videos online, I suspect software, possibly a driver, which apparently you are suspecting too. You might even try temporarily disabling any power-saving features you have set, just to see if they maybe affecting it.

Rick...

Reonj

Yes it is an uncontrolled shut off, no reboot. When I hit the power button it works fine, and it only happens while watching movies online. I can have it on whole day surfing the net and it does not shut off. I doubt it's thermal because I regularly monitor the temp plus I always use a cooling pad.

Occasional Contributor
jf_songcuya

[ Edited ]

well, that's quite the same with my satellite c660, it shuts off esp. when i watch videos on-line, but mine got a buzzing sound when it shuts off. it doesn't reboot either. have to long press the power button to restart the unit. someone here told me about minimizing my microphone and i did, but it still shuts off but no buzzing sound now. 

i duno what is wrong with my unit. if display driver is causing it, what should i do about it?