speede

L750 locks up in game when fan stops

[ Edited ]

Hi have a new L750 8gb ram

When playing Runescape in internet explorer using a usb modem with a good signal it just freezes or locks in game, after the fan stops running. You hear a fan at back left then it stops and freeze.

All other function seem to work fine will still browse in another internet expolrer at same time.

If anyone knows a fix it would be helpfull, have tried useing different browser but same thing always after fan stops.

Thanks in advance, hope thius is in right section.

Edit, Fan just ran again and Norton message came up 100% in use 1 cpu by java, runescape uses java, hope this helps.

Peter

Re: L750 locks up in game when fan stops

Have you tried using another browser such as Firefox or Chrome? I'd start there.

- Peter
speede

Sorry ben away for a month, but tried that and no luck, still does it, fan speeds up then lock up.

Regards

Peter

Maybe you should reinstall Java.

How do I manually download and install Java for my Windows computer?

- Peter
speede

Thanks for the help, but I tried that, have 2 versions of Java installed 32 and 64 bit for different browsers. Still the same.

Peter

Did it ever work? If so, you could try using System Restore to restore a previous restore point from before this became an issue.

- Peter
speede

Hello

no never worked and has been system restored also has had 2 different ISP on laptop and still the same

Thanks

Peter

You could try doing a clean boot to see if that helps.

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or p...

Try following those steps. What you're going to do is stop other programs from loading with Windows. If it helps, you'll know one of them is interfering. Then you could selectively re-enable them to narrow it down.

- Peter