Yatty

L675 randomly shutting down

I have a satellite L675 running windows 7 and it just will randomly shut itself down.  It mostly happens when I am trying to watch Netflix or play a game.  I also noticed that the fan runs high even when it is just sitting ideal.  The warranty just ran out so hopefully it's a easy fix.

Yatty

Peter

Re: L675 randomly shutting down

Please include your full model number when posting problems on the forums. It can be found on the bottom of your laptop. "L675" is only partial.

Do you get a blue screen, or does it simply power down? Does it feel hot when this happens?

If it's heat related, try buying a can of compressed air. You can find it at most electronics stores. With the notebook turned off, blow out the fans and vents of the computer. Dust can accumulate surprisingly fast and definitely increase the heat of a notebook. When a computer gets too hot, it will turn off.

- Peter
kpalombo

I also HAD power issues.  It kept shutting down, I got CPU overheat messages.  I finally went to the net and discovered that a font file was causing all the problems. Performance font cashe was the dirty little bugger that caused all the problems.  I deleted it and all my problems were over.  It has run 3 days continuiously - No problem. I hope this helps you.

Peter

Thanks for sharing!

- Peter