jarredwvu

IE problems: Proxy settings won't change

Hey guys. I need help, asap. My laptop is stressing me out. I use it for 99.9 percent of my computing. But for some reason for the last few days IE has been acting up on me. It was just not connecting to the internet every once in awhile, and after a few mins or hours it would let me connect again. Now it won't let me connect at all. I diagnosed the problem and it said it was a problem with the proxy settings. I'm on a home network and after I checked the LAN settings the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" box was checked. The address had weird characters in it and the port was 80. I unchecked it and i exited the window. I tried to connect again and it didn't work. I opened the settings again, and the box was back to being checked. I checked "Bypass the proxy server" and exited and it did the same thing. It will let me uncheck the box but as soon as I exit the settings window it goes right back to where it was. It will not stay saved. None of my other computers in my house have the "Use a proxy server" box checked. So I know this is my problem, I just don't know why it started doing this or why it won't let me change it back. PLEASE somebody help me. Thanks in advance for any help. I'm using Vista if that makes a difference.
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: IE problems: Proxy settings won't change

Which computer?

Which Windows?

Which version of IE?

-Jerry
jarredwvu

Satellite P205-S6337: Vista: IE 7
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Try resetting IE7.

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES)

-Jerry