rendres

I/O device error

When I insert an install disk in my DVD drive, it churns for a couple of minutes, then nothing. When I double-click on the DVD-RAM icon inside the My Computer icon, I get the message that "the request could not be completed due to a I/O device error.

What is happening? Why is the DVD drive not booting up?

E911Trainer

Re: I/O device error

I am having the exact same issues. My laptop is Toshiba Satelite M105 S3002. My DVD is a 

MAT**bleep**A – DVD RAM UJ-8415. Some DVD's, Data discs and CD's will auto run but

when a disc such as the latest software I wanted to load does not auto run and I have to access the D drive,

I recieve the same I/O error.  Anyone have an answer on how to resolve this please, thanks!

E911Trainer

Hm, understandably it seems this site won't allow the name of the manufacturer of the DVD so I will try to spell it this way; This is the real name of the manufacturer; M_A_T_S_H_I_T_A  DVD RAM UJ-8415.  Also, is there a replacement part available?

Thanks!

chucklw

Same thing for me. P15-S479.

CD/DVD (UJ811B) useless.

i want to do a complete systen restore but can't with an external drive.  new CD/dvd is very expensive and, if a software problem, won't work either.