sattelite555

I Need CD Burning Help!!!

I just bought a Toshiba Satellite Laptop a few months ago.  I use iTunes and when I try to burn a CD, it says that it can't detect CD Burning Software.  Don't most laptops nowadays have CD Burners??  On my CD drive it says Compact Disc Rewritable Ultra Speed...so I'm pretty sure I do have the ability to burn CDs...

anyone know how to fix this??

thanks!

Regular Advisor
iSkO

Re: I Need CD Burning Help!!!

sattelite555 wrote:

I just bought a Toshiba Satellite Laptop a few months ago.  I use iTunes and when I try to burn a CD, it says that it can't detect CD Burning Software.  Don't most laptops nowadays have CD Burners??  On my CD drive it says Compact Disc Rewritable Ultra Speed...so I'm pretty sure I do have the ability to burn CDs...

anyone know how to fix this??

thanks!

May we know the exact model of your system ?

Check if CD recording is enabled on your computer if you're using Windows XP.

If you have a compatible CD burner, you shouldn't need to do anything special to get it working under Windows XP Home Edition or Professional. The core code that makes CD recording possible is enabled automatically when you set up Windows XP. If you're unable to record a CD, start the troubleshooting process by checking to ensure that the feature is properly configured:

1. Open My Computer, right-click the CD Drive icon, and then click Properties.

2. Click the Recording tab to display the settings shown in Figure 1.

CD Burn Image Settings

=====================================================
Okay, now I've closed all the windows. What do I do next? By the way, it's a bit warmer with all the windows closed...
Regular Advisor
iSkO

[ Edited ]

You may check this out. This will be helpful Disc burner or software not found..." from iTunes ver 8 (when attempting to burn a CD)

Problem burning audio CDs with iTunes, using DVD Super Multi drive , You might need to install the Toshiba (TSST) TS-L632* DVD Drive Firmware Update

Cheers !

Message Edited by iSkO on 12-16-2008 04:41 PM

when i click the start button I dont get a My Computer option.  it's really weird.  i have just a Computer option.  when i click on that, all it allows me to view is my C Drive.  but i can't find my CD Drive.  I have Vista if that helps. thanks
Occasional Contributor
oalee

You seem to have been affected by the issue with Microsoft Vista regarding the missing CD/DVD Drive.  There is a file that can be downloaded from the Toshiba Support Site that can fix that problem. 

Click on this link to get directed to the support page --->  Missing CD/DVD Drive in My Computer

This should fix your issue.

=====================================================
Okay, now I've closed all the windows. What do I do next? By the way, it's a bit warmer with all the windows closed...
Regular Advisor
iSkO

sattelite555 wrote:
when i click the start button I dont get a My Computer option.  it's really weird.  i have just a Computer option.  when i click on that, all it allows me to view is my C Drive.  but i can't find my CD Drive.  I have Vista if that helps. thanks

This will help resolve that :smileywink: CD / DVD drive missing from 'My Computer' (Windows Explorer)