sbk
sbk

How to change the screen settings in my laptop

Hello. I have a Satellite Toshiba laptop and as my daughter started pressing some buttons she changed the settings on the screen. When I go to my email or to some web pages the page and the letters look bigger and maybe of a different style, although my screen zoom level remains at 100% and then they are too small if I put the zoom at 75%. I tried to change the screen settings through the control panel but couldn't find something useful and then when I tried to restore the system to an older restore point so I can go back to my old settings it wasn't able to do it, even though I' ve tried different restore points (lovely windows!). Anyone has any ideas of what else I can do?

Thank you in advance!

Sandra

Occasional Advisor
Heman

Re: How to change the screen settings in my laptop

Hold the control button and scroll up and down in a website to change the zoom level, it sounds like IE is just remembering the zoom level.

www.google.com
sbk
sbk

Thank you for that. It still looks weird and a bit different compared to before but at least it is not as big as it was!

Thank you.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

If you tell us your version of Windows, Sandra, we can tell you how to tweak the screen settings.

-Jerry
Occasional Advisor
Heman

[ Edited ]

You're welcome! Maybe I wasn't clear, is this only a problem in internet explorer? If so, you can follow the instructions here to auto set the zoom to normal.

http://malektips.com/internet_explorer_7_0040.html

If not, then what version of windows is it so we can help you return the screen to normal.

www.google.com
sbk
sbk

It is Windows Vista! Thank you

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Lots to read about.

Getting the best display on your monitor

Ways to improve display quality

Change screen resolution

If you tell us the model of your laptop, we can tell you which resolution is best.

-Jerry
sbk
sbk

It is a satellite A200-1J0. I tried to play with the resolution but couldn't find the right one...any help very welcome!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Probably one of these, Sandra.

Satellite A200-1J0 (PSAE6E-04R034AR)

Satellite A200-1J0 (PSAE6E-04R039HU)

Satellite A200-1J0 (PSAE6E-04R03DRU)

The best resolution of that screen is 1280 x 800.

This site is for models made in the USA. You'll find your drivers and utilities here.

-Jerry
sbk
sbk

Thank you for that. Can I ask one more question? Why windows are refusing to restore, which would have saved me alot of time and make things much easier...everytime I try System Restore it it says that there has been an error and couldn't restore the windows to the previous past point?!

Sandra

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

everytime I try System Restore it it says that there has been an error and couldn't restore the windows to the previous past point?!

Occasionally, the restore points can get corrupt. The fix is to turn System Restore off and then on again. Unfortunately, that removes all the previous restore points.

Turn System Restore on or off

-Jerry
sbk
sbk

Ok, thank you for your help. Sandra
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Happy to help, Sandra.

-Jerry