Frequent Advisor
Dokie

How to Use a System Repair Disc to Restore Windows 7 For Seniors For Dummies

Hi I'm new to this forum and I haven't seen the proper place to post some thing like this. I'm going to post it here and staff can do what they wish with it.

I can't understand why people aren't creating a System Repair Disc to Restore Windows 7. This is the best tool you can have. I have seen a ton of people posting here that can't boot into Windows 7. No mention of a repair Disc. Can you people not read?? This should be one of the first things to do after creating System Recovery Media(Mine requires 5DVD's). What is your thinking not to do these things?

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-use-a-system-repair-disc-to-restore-windows.html

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Create-a-system-repair-disc

PS I don't have any trouble. I just want people to please do these things and save your self a lot of grief, and make a back up image of your OS on a external drive:smileywink:

Dokie!

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: How to Use a System Repair Disc to Restore Windows 7 For Seniors For Dummies

Thank you, Dokie. Just want to add this link.

What are the system recovery options in Windows 7?

-Jerry
Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Re: How to Use a System Repair Disc to Restore Windows 7 For Seniors For Dummies

Hi Jerry! Thanks for the link! I want to add this Zip file that shows how to create a System Recovery Media for my Toshiba. I don't know if all Toshiba's are the same. They should give you a set where you buy your PC, but it dosn't hurt to have a extra set around. I also made a flash drive with factory on it. Thanks for your link. That shows what it looks like when you boot from the repair CD. This is different. This will restore your PC back to factory. You may need the System Repair Disc to get you to these CD's

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.
Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Hi! I found this on the form!

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/System-Recovery-and-Recovery/How-To-Understanding-System-Recovery-Optio...

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Hi Staff! I'm bumping this thread so that our visiting members will read it. I'm not understanding why you aren't making this thread a sticky or semilar where our members will see it when they click on this topic???? I think it's very important that our members know these things.

Dokie!!