vic_viper_001

How can I restore my Toshiba Satellite 505-s6946 to its original factory settings!?

I "upgraded" from Windows Vista to Windows 7, and have come to realize that I #@$%ing HATE WINDOWS 7. Unfortunately, Since Vista came pre-installed on my Laptop, I can't just put the disc back in and get it back...  the only disc I have, is that crappy upgrade disc from Toshiba, and it can't undo the installation! To make matters worse, I never created a system restore point either, so I can't even use system restore.

Is there any way I can reformat my laptop to its original factory settings, or uninstall windows 7 and get my old OS back!?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: How can I restore my Toshiba Satellite 505-s6946 to its original factory settings!?

Satellite L505-S6946 

The original factory image of your hard disk (with Vista installed) should still be on a partition on your hard drive.

See the section Recovering to out-of-box state (recommended recovery method) which begins on p. 62 of your User's Guide.

Satellite L500 Series User's Guide

-Jerry
Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: How can I restore my Toshiba Satellite 505-s6946 to its original factory settings!?

Jerry that should have been dissabled when he upgraded from Vista to Win 7.Since he didn't take the time to create his recovery disks he;ll need to purchase them from Toshiba via this post

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

It apparently depends upon how the upgrade is made.

What happens with my recovery partition after upgrading to Windows 7?

If you do an in-place upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 7, the recovery partition should not change. In that case, if you use that recovery partition to reinstall the original software configuration, your system will go back to the original Windows Vista installation.  In that case, Windows 7 will no longer be installed.

If you do a Custom Install ("clean install"), the recovery partition will no longer be bootable so you will not be able to boot to or run the recovery program.

That's from here.

Frequently Asked Questions for Windows 7

-Jerry
Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Then it varies from model to model. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.