romeovf

HDMI Port doesn't recognize TV

I have a Satellite L735 laptop with Windows 7.

I'm using the same HDMI-to-HDMI cable I've always used in other computers. This time I wanted to connect my L735 to a Samsung LCD TV.

First time it worked perfectly. Disconnect cable from both devices and go to sleep.

Second time, the TV doesn't detect any signal in any of the 2 HDMI ports. And the laptop never gives me any signal or message at all. It doesn't even make the "device connected" sound Windows usually makes.

It's like I haven't connected anything at all. Tried the cable with another PC to the same TV and it worked, so the problem is in the laptop.

What could be causing this?

Regular Advisor
GordOfTheJungle

Re: HDMI Port doesn't recognize TV

Good job on the diagnostics. Obviously the cable works since it works on other computers. I would have the HDMI cable attached to both the TV and computer. Have the TV turned on prior to turning on the computer. When the computer is turned on, it should see the HDMI-connected TV. While holding down the 'FN' key, tap the 'F5' key. It should give you an HDMI option. While still holding down the 'FN' key, tap the 'F5' key until the HDMI option is selected. The video should go over to the TV.

romeovf

Already tried booting the laptop with the TV previously connected. It doesn't give me any "TV detected" message at all. Fn+F5 gives me some options for displaying video but none of them "awakes" the TV.

goodgolier

I am having the same problem with my Satellitte P745-S4217, running Windows 7.  The RGB output works fine, but HDMI does not work at all.  I tried connecting an HDMI cable to a regular HP Monitor (HP2311xi) to the laptop also, and no display. The cable and HP monitor are fine, because they work with another computer.

I checked both the speaker control and tried to find any indication in that any system was recognizing the HDMI and found nothing.

It appears from all the complaints scattered around the vaior groups that Toshiba has a basic problem in a defectively designed HDMI output, and so far has not found any work-around. 

Bowtie

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same problem with a L755 laptop. VGA monitor connection works perfectly, computer just doesn't seem to recognize the hdmi port. Tried everything, nothing works. I've given up and I'm using a VGA cable. If anyone figures it out please be sure to ost it back on here.