Occasional Contributor
bigdog
Accepted Solution

Free Laptop Anti-Virus Downloads

My Norton/Zone Alarm Security Programs have expired.  Can anyone recommend any free, good downloads for laptops or would it be safer to just purchase a reliable program?  Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Regular Advisor
Rincewind

Re: Free Laptp Anti-Virus Downloads

Microsoft Security Essentials
Occasional Contributor
bigdog

Thanks for the response and info.

Regular Contributor
Joshuab2009

Re: Free Laptop Anti-Virus Downloads

its always going to be safer to purchase a program but you can use free ones like AVG. Go to Download.com and look on the left to find security and that will show some top rated free services. 

Thanks! I appreciate the response and info.

Occasional Contributor
bigdog

Thanks for the solution.  It seems to be all I need and it works well!

Occasional Contributor
CKnapp

Avast is a fantastic free AV software. Any of the paid AV softwares seemed to be overstuffed with bloatware and do no more than the free softwares available to you. 

You can download Avast Home Edition (free) from their website at www.avast.com 

Rachel1986

Hello I'm looking for the best advice as far as an or a great anti virus on my new satellite A665d computer, I'm beginning to get all these caray pop-ups on my web screens contstantly and I had realized that I need an anti-virus or something, I guess I relly dont know the differences but the best would be great, also a protection that would somehow back up all my information from my computer so that I dont completely loose a life's worth of memories again, that'd be greatly appreciated! Thank you

Rachel1986

CKnapp wrote:

Avast is a fantastic free AV software. Any of the paid AV softwares seemed to be overstuffed with bloatware and do no more than the free softwares available to you. 

You can download Avast Home Edition (free) from their website at www.avast.com 

Cool! Thank you thats a great start!